Hannah is 13 years old now. At the age between being a kid and growing up. She is tending to stay more towards the being a kid side of things. She is definitely not in a hurry to grow up. She has been referred to as one of the "two crazies" (the other being Josh) for a number of years now. She has lived up to this name very well - always doing and saying crazy things. Sometimes she comes up with the most bizarre twist on things that we just burst out laughing. She is very good natured and laughs along with us.
As most 13 year olds, she hates school. She has fun when she is there, but detests the work. Sometimes at school, I will walk around the corner and find her and her friends running down the hall. They will all burst out laughing and Hannah will look guiltly at me and smile. I usually just smile and walk away.
She just got braces in January, much to her chagrin. Her teeth are straightening out very fast and she lives in the false hope that they will take them off within a couple of months.
She is very independent and always has been. We were watching home movies a while back and there was Hannah. It was Christmas time and she wanted an orange. I said "no, no, Hannah" and she looked at me and kissed the orange. I said "no, no Hannah" again and again she looked at me and licked the orange. I seem to remember that she got the orange in the end. Maybe stubborn is a better word than independent.

Her goal is to become a carpenter.
We love her dearly, she brings immense joy and laughter to our lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment