I didn't realize it had been 9 months since I last posted on my blog. It has been an eventful time - some good, some not so good. So, a quick recap of the time I've been gone.
September was a time of learning to adjust to a life without Oscar. After 10 years of having him as a part of our lives and under our feet it wasn't an easy task. But we have managed. It was also a month when our little family became more scattered as Naomi went to the University in Calgary, Hannah settled into Kamloops to learn esthetics, and Josh once again relocated to high school in Whitehorse.
October was not exceptionally good to me. After suffering with laryngitis at the beginning of the month, the middle brought an infection in my thyroid, and the end brought a complete physical collapse. In the past 2 years I had completed 18 university courses while working full time. Near the end of the month I felt like I had hit the proverbial brick wall. I was completely burnt out. I went through the motions at work each day, then would come home and collapse. It has taken me months to overcome this, but after some much needed rest, I finally feel like I've made it through.
November meant a rush trip down to Kelowna when my mom became very ill and was in the hospital. Thank goodness she pulled through and is doing well now.
December began with Josh being in a car accident in Whitehorse. He was uninjured, but the truck suffered a hole in the side and a dangling muffler. This month also brought about some very exciting news - I was accepted for educational leave from work for the 2011-2012 school year. This means I will receive 70% of my salary and a guaranteed position when I return after obtaining my teaching degree. We were also privileged to have Naomi and Josh both come home for Christmas and were able to spend boxing day with Hannah. The month ended with Hannah being in a car accident and breaking her hand, thus being off from her esthetics course for 2 months. But at least she was not seriously injured.
January was just cold!
February was very busy and full of not so great adventures. It began with us bringing Josh home from Whitehorse to complete his grade 12 from the comfort of our home in Ross River. He was just having too much fun in Whitehorse. The middle of the month saw me go to Vancouver to have 2 root canals redone. This resulted in me spending a week lying on the couch crying in pain. So much fun!
March began with a trip to Edmonton - I was a chaperone for the grade 9/10 trip. It was a lot of fun, but so cold. It ended in much excitement when I was accepted into the teaching program at SFU for next year.
April was low key personally but was filled with trips to Whitehorse for work. Between Brian and I we made 6 trips to town in 5 weeks. That's a lot of traveling.
May was another busy month. It started with yet another field trip to Whitehorse and bringing Josh into town to write his LPI tests. Then I spent 10 days in Kelowna assisting my parents after Dad's hip replacement surgery. I arrived home just in time to send Brian off on yet another field trip and Josh to Tagish to spend time with his girlfriend and her family.
Now here we are in June and the school year is quickly winding down. I have just 2 days left in my career as an educational assistant. The next time I work in Ross River it will be as a certified teacher.
After such an eventful year if will be nice to just relax for the summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It's great to hear from you here again! What a rough year, but you've made it through. Keep on looking forward Anne. Enjoy the graduation and birthday celebrations this weekend.
Sounds like you really need a vacation after the year you've had. Hope you get lots of R&R over the summer months. You deserve it!
And yay! I'm glad you've posted something. I miss reading your blog.
When you put it all together like that, boy was it ever one hell of a year!
:)
Welcome back Ann...I've missed you! What a busy year...hope you have a wonderful rest this summer. :)
Post a Comment