Taking a long look down the rest of the lake as we started paddling on day 2.
Brian gave me opportunity to practice my steering skills. I think he just wanted time to eat his trail mix and study his map.
During one of our breaks Brian and Phil climbed to the top of this hill just to stretch their legs.
Taking a lunch break.
Approaching the end of the lake at last.
I did it!
Right at the re-start of the river there is a wreck from one of the many steamboats that plied the river during the gold rush.
I had to take the opportunity to wash my hair in the icy cold water. Now I could finally take off the bandana. The water was so cold, it was almost as it the ice had just come off.
There was an abandoned North West Mounted Police station here also. The building was still standing across from this rusted old truck. The mosquitoes were very thick here and we didn't waste much time.
Back out on the river. There were these boils that kept coming up from the bottom. If you got caught in one it could spin the canoe around.
Brian relaxing at our camp. There were a few camps along the way with tables and outhouses. The trick was finding them at the appropriate time of day. We only managed a couple of these.

1 comment:
That's so cool that you got to see some old historical stuff along the way.
Post a Comment