Sunday, September 12, 2010
FAREWELL TO OUR BELOVED OSCAR
How I wish that everything happening in my life was roses and sunshine. But I guess that is not to be. I have been planning to post about our summer vacation, but just haven't gotten around to it. And now something has happened that I need to post. Yesterday was a very sad day for our family as we had to say goodbye to Oscar. He was such an wonderful dog. He had some very quirky traits, such as eating his food in colour order (green, red, yellow, then brown) every time, getting frantic when he could see the bottom of his food bowl (that evil dog print pattern), only eating when Brian was at the table, the way he could manage to take over the entire couch even though he wasn't very big, and would follow Brian wherever he went. He loved to go on hikes with us and would look so disappointed when we didn't take him. He was so small when we first got him 10 years ago that I would put him in the pocket of my hoodie when I went into the bank. I remember how the kids taught him to swim by dropping him in the water and making him swim to shore. I remember how he used to walk into our neighbours homes in Kitimat if they left their door open, and how he wandered to a friends house in Ross River to track us down when we went to visit without him. So, it is with great sadness that we lay him to rest. He truly was an integral part of our family and will be greatly missed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It looks like he was also the guardian of the liquor. A one-of-a-kind dog for sure!
Yeah, he was very good at guarding the liquor. LOL
So sorry to hear about Oscar...Looks like he was a special part of the family.
Post a Comment