Sunday, January 4, 2009

BACK TO THE GRIND

The last 2 weeks has certainly been a mixture of events. From the fabulous warmth of Miami and the cruise, to the bitter cold of home. But even though its cold (-45 and beyond), there's no place like home. At least here I can curl up by the fire and keep warm. I've been sick since our return and incredibly tired, but I'm starting to readjust.

We've had such a wonderful time with all the family home, but sadly we have to take the girls back to Whitehorse today. They are excited to be going back and seeing their friends and getting into their regular routine. Josh is excited that he won't have to share the computer and t.v. with them for a while again.

I have been contemplating our flights during the last week and will let you know that Air North gave us far better service than Delta. On the Delta flight, which was over 5 hours, they just gave us a couple snacks and drinks. You could buy a sandwich, etc though. After that experience imagine my surprise when we boarded Air North for the flight from Vancouver to Whitehorse - a 2 hour flight and found we were bombarded with food. They gave us snacks twice, a sandwich (which was very scrumptious), and cake, plus the drinks. I was stuffed by the time we hit Whitehorse.

In the spirit of keeping the holiday alive, I've decided to post more cruise pictures. Enjoy!

Waiting at the airport.
Josh on board the ship.Naomi sitting in the princess chairs - as she should be!Marge playing Titanic.
Planning. What were we thinking??? Actually they did a great job, especially combined with all Sonya's research before we left.Brian and the Colonel in Grand Cayman.Naomi on the beach in Grand Cayman.
The beach where we snorkelled in Cozumel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just heard yesterday that over 30airlines went down last year and the travel industry expects that we could see more than double that amount to go down this year. The cost to operate airlines is the reason we're getting less and less services on board and paying more for those services.

Too bad Air North doesn't fly to more places! lol

marge said...

It's nice to have these memories. I'm glad you had such good service on your last part of your journey home.