Monday, August 25, 2008

KITCHEN RENOS

After years of careful planning (LOL) our kitchen it finally nearing completion. I've been learning a lot of new skills throughout this whole process. I always wanted tiles like this in my kitchen - it's like a dream come true.
Just for comparison here are a couple of before pictures:
Step 1: sand the wall board in preparation for tiles.
Step 2: apply glue and tiles.
Looking good so far.
Tahdah!!! Grouting is complete.

All that's left to do is the trim. Looks so much better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks amazing! What I can't remember is, did you do anything to the kitchen walls when you first moved in? I know that you had put up new wood for the walls in parts of the house but was the kitchen included in that?

Ann said...

No, we hadn't touched the kitchen until this year. Now we've put the pine above the cupboards too. My before pics are the original cupboards etc. Ewww.

Barb Stingl said...

It looks amazing!!!!!!!