Wednesday, August 13, 2008

AND YET ANOTHER WEEK...

I know everyone has been anxiously wondering where we have disappeared to. I'm sure you are all asking yourselves what could possibly be occupying their time up there in the great north. So, to put your questions to rest here is the answer - we have been building! We built a fence around our septic field - I even have proof of the great event:

Brian is getting ready to make cement for the posts:
This was another "learn-as-you-go" adventure. LOL.Next year we will attempt to grow grass in the area.

About 5 minutes after we completed the fence we had an ambulance call - our missionary's wife had gone into labour and needed to be medivaced to Whitehorse. To really complicate matters, her husband and 3 of her kids were on their way back from Alaska and she couldn't reach them. So here she was in Ross with her 6 year old and she was being sent to Whitehorse. They don't allow them to take extra passengers on the medivac plane either. So after settling her daughter in with some friends for the night and driving to Faro to get her off we arrived home after midnight. Then yesterday we went to Whitehorse to take their vehicle and their daughter. We were planning to go anyways, it just happened a day earlier than expected.

Now we are all settled at home and ready for more home renovations. Watch for it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a spiffy looking fence! But I'm at a loss as to the reason why you had to fence off your septic field. I'm afraid I'm not learned in the ways of septic fields.

Sounds like quite the drama with the missionary's wife! I hope everything worked out ok for her and her family.

Ann said...

Apparently if you walk or drive skidoos over your septic in the winter it drives the frost too far down and can freeze up your septic. One of the many joys of living in the far north.

The missionary's wife hasn't had her baby as of yet as far as we know. Hope she has it soon.