Friday, June 1, 2007

NEWS AND PHOTOS

At last the long awaited photos of the deck. It still needs paint and rails on the stairs, not to mention approval from the building inspector who we neglected to inform of our project. It passed the "lots of people having a BBQ" test. Last night we had some people over for a great BBQ (ribs, burgers, hotdogs, salad - the works!). Our deck was filled with people and it didn't collapse. It was great fun. I guess it wasn't all work, just mostly.
We also got these great Adirondack chairs. See the fantastic stairs I built??? All of these photos were taken with out brand new digital camera. I picked it up in the mail at lunch today, then I spent my lunch hour unpacking it and figuring out how to operate it. I was able to come home early from work, so I spent the time fiddling with the camera. I was ready to take pictures, but Oscar was the only subject available, so I started clicking. He was so compliant - he just lay there looking cute.
Naomi was the next culprit to walk in the door (she was compliant to, just sat there looking cute). They spent the afternoon at school doing garbage clean-up so were all tired and grubby.

Josh was the next victim in the door.

Now, this is really cool - you can take pictures without the usual digital camera waiting time:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice, very nice

can you come here & do our porch
our porch is falling apart
smile

Anonymous said...

ashley says hannah looks different

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the deck!! It's so enormous! Are you going to paint it or stain it?

Great camera. I'd love to have one like that too. Maybe someday. Oh wait! Perhaps I've won the lottery tonight and don't even know it!!

Anonymous said...

next is the hot tub
ok where should it go ?
hmm
smile

Heather said...

What a great deck and a great camera too!