Saturday, May 26, 2007
THE MISADVENTURES OF OSCAR
I think this is a sign that the porch must be finished soon. We started last weekend and made some great progress. But we changed our mind on part of the design so part of the porch was left without decking while we waited for more materials to arrive from Whitehorse. You can still safely move around the porch, but have to step over the part where there is no decking. Yesterday Brian and I arrived home from school and Oscar was outside to greet us. We walked up the stairs and he was so excited to see us. He was jumping around and his little tail was wagging like it was about to fall off. The next thing I know he slipped off the edge and landed flat on his back. It was about a two foot drop. Dogs are definitely not like cats - apparently they don't land on their feet every time. The poor little guy looked so scared. He was disoriented for a few moments. But he just got up and Naomi picked him up and lifted him back onto the porch. Then Brian says "did you kick him off?" Of course I was outraged! Of course I didn't push him. I just felt helpless because I couldn't react quickly enough to stop him. So, he just stuck close to us for the rest of the day. He must have really scared himself. The good news is that the rest of our materials arrived last night so we can fix the death trap today. The bad news is that after a week of hot weather while we were stuck in school, the forecast for the weekend is rain!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
poor puppy
I can't wait to see the finished porch,& see a picture of you guys sitting there with a drink
lol
Ok, you can tell me. You gave Oscar a little nudge, didn't you. ;) Poor little dog. I can just picture him. I bet he'll never do that again!
Post a Comment