Friday, June 15, 2007

Grade 10 grad

Today was Naomi's big day. Since our school only goes up to grade 10 we have a little celebration for them. There are only 4 grads this year:
They were spoiled too. They got a very nice pen set from the school, the Kaska teachers made each of them a pack sack, and the Dena council (native band) gave them each $150. Naomi was so shy about being in front of everyone that all her pictures ended up being her walking away. But I did get this one of her and one of her best friends, Victoria. They plan on rooming together next year in Whitehorse.
One of our fellow teachers was trying out our new camera and took this picture of Brian and I.
As usual, my kids proved that they take after me. They walked away with a ton of awards. They all received an award for Kaska language (and numerous compliments about how great they are). They all also received the academic award for their grade, which they really had to work for this year. Quite something for Josh who is actually a year ahead. Hannah also received an attendance award. She had the second best attendance in the whole school. She received a camera/printer set.
Afterwards the teachers went to the restaurant for lunch. We had chicken, etc (believe me you don't want a picture.lol) and there was pie for dessert. It was so funny because they have all seen that I have lost weight. One of the teachers was watching me and exclaimed, "Ann's having dessert!" It was kind of embarrassing, but after that other women got up and got some pie too. I didn't even know I was being watched so closely. Maybe I will inspire someone.
So, now I've said all that - we are off on holidays tomorrow. I will try to post something, but no guarantees. I might just leave you hanging until the middle of August. Keep checking though because you never know. Have a great summer, I know I will down in California.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrates to Noami
you look so different Ann

Anonymous said...

I am Jealous now

Anonymous said...

Ann, you look HOT, HOT, HOT!!! How many times can I tell you how proud I am of you? I really truly am.

But enough about you. :p

Congrats to all your intelligent children. Perhaps they take after their Auntie Sonya.

Heather said...

Congratulations to your kids on doing so well in school. Anne, you look fantastic! Hope you have a great summer holiday and maybe we'll even catch up with you at some point!