Sunday, May 20, 2007

WORKING HARD

We have been so busy this weekend. We get up early and head out to start hammering nails and figuring things out in our confused little minds. Building this deck has been quite an experience. We end up doing most things twice so it's like having twice the experience and adventure. Saturday we spent the day putting in the joists and supports. Thank goodness the day came to an end with only 1 wrong nail hit for me. I have the blood blister to prove it. Today Josh and I worked on laying the decking and Brian figured out how to connect everything to the existing stairs. That is when he wasn't busy blabbing on the phone and entertaining curious by passers. Josh was an invaluable help both days. He has put in long hours with us hammering and helping in numerous ways. After all the work today my injuries are less visible, but nothing a little Advil and some good soap and hand cream can't cure - a very tired hammering arm and extremely dry, dirty hands. The weather has been fairly cooperative - lots of sun, but many cold, cloudy periods too. So, that is what we have been busy with. I will post more pictures as we progress. In the meantime, please forgive my lack of comments on your blogs as time is at a premium right now.
Josh is getting a little ahead of himself - enjoying the deck before it is complete. I guess he deserves a rest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what was keeping you away from your blog. The deck is looking fantastic! And once it's all done and you're sitting in your deck chairs with an ice cold drink in your hand, you'll know it was worth all the hard work. :)

Anonymous said...

nice job so far
smile