Wednesday, May 2, 2007

REALITY CHECK

Yesterday a school counsellor and the head of the student residence came to Ross. They were meeting with the grade 10 students and their parents. Naomi signed up for all her courses for grade 11. (Can you believe she is that old? - Look at Sonya's blog from yesterday, that is Naomi as a baby there.) She has to take english, but has signed up for Honours english which is basically enriched english; socials (a basic requirement); math - she is taking principles of math which is the highest level and needed for university entrance; biology. She is also going to be taking spanish and foods. The foods course will give her a food safe certificate. The last course she signed up for is yearbook. Can you believe that working on the yearbook is now a full 4 credit course? She was starting to feel a little overwhelmed by the whole prospect yesterday. She is excited about going though, but yesterday it became so real. I know she will do fine there and it will be really good for her, but I am definitely not looking forward to letting my baby go. The man that runs the student residence has been there for years and is highly respected by people. They do a lot of fun things with the kids in residence and give incentives to do well at school. The residence houses 38 kids and everyone I have talked to has had wonderful experiences there. So, reality has come knocking at our door. Some days I am not so sure I want to answer the door.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your baby girl is growing up to fast - slow down
I remember when I first saw her & held her "wow" time flies
it sure makes us feel old now
just joking oh I mean youger hahaaha
smile

Anonymous said...

I like Noami's hair colour
it suits her
smile

Anonymous said...

I think it's fabulous that the foods course gets you the Food Safe certificate! What a great idea!

It blows my mind how quick the kids grow up. We'll all be footloose and fancy free before we know it! :)

marge said...

Wow It's so hard to believe that Naomi is going into grade eleven. I remember when you came down before Sonya's wedding and she was just a baby. Good luck Naomi.