Wednesday, March 4, 2009

FULL-BLOWN JEALOUSY

Sometimes the craziest things happen in this house. Tonight we had some friends over for dinner. They have a brand new baby who is just the sweetest little girl. Of course during dinner the baby started to fuss, so I picked her up while her mom ate. As soon as I had the baby in my arms Oscar was desperate to find out what was going on. He was jumping at my legs, trying as hard as he could to get up. We were laughing at him because he was just so crazy. However, it was nothing compared to when I passed the baby to Brian. Oscar almost went ballistic.He was panting and his little heart was beating a mile a minute. Finally we carefully watched while Oscar was put on the couch beside Brian and the baby. He was very curious - sniffing and poking at the baby. Finally he decided that the baby wasn't a huge risk to Brian. But he wasn't taking any chances. He lay right on Brian's legs, keeping a very close eye on things. I think Oscar was very relieved when they left with the baby. Oh the crazy things that dogs do. Isn't it great to be so loved?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha. I can just picture the scene. Silly Oscar!

Anonymous said...

Is your dog as cute as me?