Wednesday, December 10, 2008

HERE'S THE STORY

I know some of you are wondering what happened with the eye. I guess clumsy Ann has struck again. The other night we had an ambulance call. I was getting in the side doors on the ambulance and I reached back to pull the door closed. When I did I lost my footing and fell. Unfortunately for me there was an oxygen tank complete with regulator right there and I fell right on to it. Ouch! The cut was very close to my eye and bled for a long time. I thought for a minute that we might just have another casualty on our hands, but I survived the ordeal. I spent the better part of the trip to Faro holding an ice pack on my eye. The worst part was that as the day progressed today it steadily got redder. Hopefully I will be back to my normal picture-worthy self before the cruise. The moral of the story - don't let Ann out of the house without full body armour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Looks painful. Don't feel bad about being clumsy though. I'm the exact same way. I sliced into my finger while butchering the deer the other day. It wasn't a deep cut, but it wouldn't stop bleeding for the longest time. Ugh.

marge said...

Oh dear it looks so sore. Don't worry. I'm real clumsy too Just remember to take some band aids a small firt aid stuff with you on the cruise.