Saturday, May 17, 2008
HAVING HEART PALPITATIONS
Happy Victoria Day Weekend. I love long weekends because Naomi has a chance to come home for a few days. She arrived home last night around 7:00. We snuggled up on the couch and watched 27 Dresses before I collapsed into bed. This morning Brian and I headed out to get another load of firewood. Then we spent most of the afternoon cutting it up and stacking it. During this time of back breaking work Naomi came and asked for the keys to the truck - she wanted to drive around with her friends. Somewhat reluctantly we handed them over. I don't mind her driving, but it's really scary to let her go by herself. I just kept telling myself that she earned the license and she is a good driver, but it didn't stop my heart from palpitating. I was so relieved when they got back home. I'm not sure I'm ready to venture into the realm of independent children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm having my own heart palpitations. Cam has gone to HistoryMaker down in Chilliwack and this is the first time neither Gary or I are there with her. I'm trying very hard not to think about it.
I guess these are the things that happen when your kids grow up.
Post a Comment