Saturday, May 24, 2008

WHAT'S A GIRL TO DO?

I got up this morning to the sun streaming through the dining room window. It doesn't matter that it was only 7:00, it was promising to be a fabulous day. At around 8:00 I ventured out to the deck in my housecoat with my breakfast, coffee and a book snuggled under my arm. I had to run a few errands and when I came back I found Hannah lying on the deck soaking up the rays. Needless to say I quickly changed into shorts and tank top and joined her. This is by far the best way to spend a Saturday. We have been going out to the deck off and on all day. It is quite hot out though so you can only take it for a short time. I was just outside and the thermometer had reached 42 degrees. Unbelievable! I'm definitely not getting much done in the way of housework, but I figure it can be saved for a rainy day.
Hannah and I have been enjoying a very quiet house for the last couple of days. Brian and Josh are still in Whitehorse, but are due back this evening. They went on Thursday afternoon because Brian had meetings on Friday. Josh spent today doing a pilot's workshop. There was a workshop being put on for teenagers interested in becoming pilots. Josh was very eager to go. I hope it was everything he imagined and expected.
Only 3 more weeks left of school and lots of things to be done before then. All those storage rooms where everywhere just throws things during the year need to be organized. Classrooms need to be tidied up. And there are just too many fun activities coming up. After that we have a couple weeks before we leave for holidays - hopefully the weather will be great and we will get everything done that we have planned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it just -42 a few weeks ago? No wonder you're finding it so hot. ;) I'm glad that you guys are finally getting some nice weather.