Monday, March 24, 2008

SPOILING MYSELF

Something I have discovered since the new year is that although I LOVE running, it does not always love me. I have used my treadmill faithfully, but I have also learned that the running gait on the treadmill is quite different from what one normally uses when running down a road. I have suffered from plantar fasciitis in the last 6 weeks or so and the pounding on my feet on a long run aggravates it. After having been forced to stay off my feet for the last week Brian and I talked and decided that maybe something low impact like the elliptical machine would be just what I need. I went online and found this one at Canadian Tire for half price. I will be picking it up when I go into town in a couple weeks. I don't want to give up running because I really enjoy it, but maybe a break will make a big difference for me. Here's to a trimmer and thinner me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear that elliptical trainers are where it's at. You'll have to let me know!