Friday, November 23, 2007

TAKING A QUICK BREAK

Today, after a long, stressful week, I decided to take a mental health day. I seriously needed a break. So, I phoned in today and told the principal and he was very supportive. I just felt that if I kept on I was going to get sick. I spent the day getting started on my Christmas baking. Sonya motivated me to get going. I bought most of the supplies last time I was in Whitehorse (in October), so it was finally time to put them to use. I started with some Ginger Spice Biscotti, then I made some Ginger Sparklers and finished by making a batch of Mincemeat tarts complete with pastry made from scratch. Mmmmm. I have lots more I want to do, but you know how it is - too much of a good thing. Actually I put most of it in the freezer and left just a bit out. I know very well that the "taste testers" will be eating away at the stock pile, trying to hide it from me. But at least they will be happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Ann! Everyone needs a mental health day every once in awhile.

You've done more holiday baking than I have! I petered out after 2easy recipes. I'm glad that I could inspire you though. :)

(Now all I can think about is how yummy a mincemeat tart would be right now!)