O.K. I have heard some complaining about the weather down south there (snow, cold, etc). Just to make you feel better think about what we are enduring. We currently have about a foot of snow and on Wednesday night we kept checking the thermometer all night and watched the temperature steadily drop. Thursday morning when we got up it was -45. This morning it is currently -48. When you look outside there is a fog that doesn't lift until about noon. Let's just say, we are burning wood at a steady pace and only go outside when we have to. It is almost like a respite at work because so many kids stay home. So, all in all, even though it is extremely cold, I don't mind, I actually kind of enjoy it in a weird, demented sort of way. Deirdre Dion (the skier who broke her back and is back competing) is supposed to come to our school this afternoon - I don't know if they will make it because of the cold, but if they do I would love to see her reaction to this cold when she steps off the plane.
Friday, November 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment