Brian and I have been considering buying ourselves a travel trailer for a couple of years now. We have been getting more serious about it as time goes on. So, we decided to take our legal/travel days away from work on Thursday and Friday and see what we could do. We arrived in Whitehorse on Thursday and meandered over to the RV dealer. We had done a lot of research and had our eye on a Jayco trailer. There were certain things we were looking for, like a full queen size bed. The dealership turned out to be an adventure all on its own. When we arrived the trailer we wanted was on sale for $18500. So, after looking at everything else available, we decided to talk to the salesman. Turns out they were just about to raise the price before we walked in. He was in no hurry to sell it to us because he knew someone else would come in right after us and nab it up at a higher price. To make a long story short, he gave us the royal run around and we just walked away. The next morning we decided to look at buying private, second hand. So, we grabbed the paper and checked the ads. There were only 2 listed, but we phoned and began the search again. We fell in love with the first one we went to. It is a 2003 26' Frontier. It is in immaculate condition. The couple that owned it used to live in Ross River and she is a teacher in Whitehorse now. We are so excited about our purchase and can't wait to go camping. The queen bed at the front: Jack and Jill bunk beds at the rear - we are thinking ahead to the days of grandchildren. They won't be happening anytime soon, but eventually the day will come. Until then Josh will have a nice bed of his own.
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
I'm glad you explained the bunk beds because when we saw the pics on FB we couldn't figure out what you would need bunk beds for. Well, other than a place for Brian to sleep if he gets into your bad books. ;)
I live in a remote Yukon village. I guess I must be quirky to live in such a place. I have been happily married for 21 years and we have 3 wonderful teenage children and an incredibly lazy dog! I am an educational assistant in the grade 1 and 2 class. I never thought I would ever work in a school - I didn't like school and I didn't particularly like kids. Isn't that ironic? (Maybe moronic is more like it!)
1 comment:
I'm glad you explained the bunk beds because when we saw the pics on FB we couldn't figure out what you would need bunk beds for. Well, other than a place for Brian to sleep if he gets into your bad books. ;)
Post a Comment