Sunday, April 18, 2010

20 YEARS OF WEDDED BLISS

I was just thinking that it has been a long time since I've posted anything new on here. I've just been so busy taking courses, working, and making trips to Whitehorse I just haven't had time for blogging.
But, I cannot let our 20th wedding anniversary disappear without acknowledging it on my blog. It astounds me that 20 years have elapsed since our wedding day. I remember all the excitement of ordering invitations and planning every detail. The frustrations that naturally follow all the planning. I remember visiting my mom and dad and having fittings for the dress my mom made for me. Who ever imagined that 20 years would go by so fast, or that we would have 3 amazing children. I never imagined that we would be empty nesters at this point in our lives or that we would be living in the far north.
I have truly enjoyed that time Brian and I have had together. There have been ups and downs. Definitely more ups than downs. We have had, and continue to have, so much fun together. We have taken some wonderful family vacations to Disneyland, Yellowstone,and the Grand Canyon. As well as some closer to home like Edmonton, Calgary, Drumheller, and Vancouver Island. We are living an adventure way up north - some days are more adventuresome than others. We laugh together almost every day, and are there for each other during the difficult times. Almost every weekend we hop on our bikes (skis in the winter) and roam the countryside.
I can honestly say I love my life. I am married to my best friend and we are looking forward to the next 20 plus years we have together.
I love you Brian.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe that it's been 20 years for you guys. It will be 18 for us this summer but most of the time it feels like we just got married yesterday. Marriage must agree with all of us though because none of us look old enough to have been married for such a long time. :)

By the way, great photo choice!

bcsmithereens said...

Congratulations you two! Many more to come!

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Congratulations on twenty years!

marge said...

Happy 20th anniversay Brian and Ann. Wishing you another 20 yrs of married bliss. You really don't look like empty nesters. It was 43 yrs for us last November.