I guess it's been a long time since I last posted. So much has happened: we dropped Naomi at the Whitehorse airport, amid many tears, for her departure to Ireland; we visited with all our family down south until they were ready to kick us out; and arrived back home today.
Leaving Naomi in Kamloops was one of the hardest things I'd ever done. I had cried on and off during the previous few weeks, wondering how I would ever be able to manage it. The tears really came on Wednesday though as we had to say goodbye. Her absence really hits at certain moments. For instance when we were unpacking our suitcases I was ready to burst into tears. I know we will settle into life and its new routines. Sometimes its just very hard to leave the old routines behind. It's such a bitter-sweet moment. I'm so proud of her and all that she has become. She's the person I hoped she would be. But it feels bitter to leave her to live her own life so far away from me.
I know she will bring much joy to her family in Kamloops. Enjoy her. She's one of the best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Glad you made it safely home again. We had so much fun visiting with you and weren't ready to kick you out at all! lol
We're really enjoying having Naomi on the farm. Thanks for sharing her with us. :)
Post a Comment