Tuesday, January 1, 2008

STARTING OUT RIGHT

New Year's Eve was eventful here. The whole day was filled with fun and adventure. We started out by getting not one, but two, emergencies that the ambulance was called to. Both had to be medivaced to Whitehorse. One of them was a woman in labour. She was only 32 weeks, so everyone was a little worried. The medivac team, complete with doctor, arrived about 3 minutes before the baby was born. We didn't do much with that one because the other ambulance attendant was assisting there. Brian was busy driving the team from the airport and I was helping with the other patient. It was pretty exciting though.
After 5 hours at the health centre, we came home and got busy setting out food for the starving masses of teenagers staying the night at our house. We sat around playing games and eating until it was time to go to the fireworks. The band council decided to put on a fireworks display this year down at the river. It was great. -35 and we were all bundled up outside watching the fireworks for over half an hour. Then the kids came home while Brian and I went to some friends house. We arrived home at about 2:00. The kids spent the remainder of the night watching movies and playing video games. All fun and excitement.
This morning I woke up determined to get off to a good start this year. I got on my treadmill and ran 10k in 65:50. I am very proud of myself for this accomplishment. I am actually hoping to run in a race or two this summer. Now I just need to keep working on running the distance and improving my time.

Happy New Year everyone. I hope this year brings you only good things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy night! Congrats on the 10k. My only claim to athletic fame today was beating Gary, Eric and Aaron in a Wii bowling game. :)