Wednesday, August 3, 2011

BECOMING LEGAL

First of all, I must offer my sincere apologies that I am a day late with this post. Yesterday the internet at the campsite was very tentative and I was unable to post this. So, now on to the real reason for the post. It isn't every day that a person comes of legal age. Yesterday was Hannah's turn. Our beautiful daughter turned 19. Once again I look back over the years and wonder where the time has gone. On the night Hannah was born it was so hot in Kamloops that we were sleeping on the front lawn at my in-laws house. Naomi was snuggled into the sleeping bag between Brian and I and was noticing stars for the first time. Hannah was a delight from the moment she was born. She was not given to napping though - I would finally get her to sleep thinking I would have a couple hours while both girls were napping, and Hannah would be wide awake 10 minutes later. But we couldn't complain because she was always so happy. As she grew up she continued to be a source of joy, and occasionally frustration. The first time we took her to Disneyland she was too scared to go on any rides except "Jumping Jellyfish". We all took turns going on the ride over and over with her and she was thrilled. There are so many memories to look back on that I can't name them all here. Hannah, we are so proud of you. You are such a caring and giving person. You are all that we dreamed you would be. We love you more than you can imagine.

No comments: