Friday, January 29, 2010

MORROCAN CHICKEN AND LENTILS

Kara, this recipe is for you. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. I nabbed it from the Eat Clean Diet Cook Book.

8 cups water
1 lb lentils, rinsed, drained and picked over

Boil water and add lentils. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Simmer 20-25 minutes. (I use about 1/2 this amount for the two of us)

1 cup plus 2 TBSP olive oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
3 TBSP ground cumin
2 TBSP plus 2 tsp chili powder
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced

Mix 1 cup olive oil, vinegar, 2 TBSP cumin, 2 TBSP chili powder, garlic and 1 tsp sea salt. Use this mixture to pour over cooked, drained lentils.

1 large onion (I use 1 1/2 - 2 onions because they are sooooo good)
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 tsp cinnamon

In large skillet heat 2 TBSP olive oil. Add onion and saute until well cooked (5 minutes) Add chicken and saute 2 minutes more. Add 1 tsp sea salt, 1 TBSP cumin, 2 tsp chili powder and cinnamon. Saute until chicken is cooked.

This generally only takes about 1/2 an hour to prepare. Easy and delicious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...sounds delish!

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Yum!! Thanks for the recipe and the other tips on my blog. I really appreciate it!