Tuesday, November 3, 2009
WHAT GOES THERE???
Since Brian and I have become empty nesters we have noticed a few things that are dramatically different around our house. One being the decrease in the number of dirty dishes. When the kids are home the dishwasher is operating once or twice a day. With just us we put everything in, even the pots and run it maybe once a day. Another thing is the quietness in the house. I've even taken to listening to radio stations on the satellite just to fill in the quietness. The cost of groceries has gone down dramatically too - our bill at the store is half of the usual amount. But one of the first things we noticed was that we no longer needed a large garbage can in the kitchen - it was taking so long to fill it that it was too smelly. So the last time I was in Whitehorse I invested in a small can for the house and a large can for outside. Apparently there is some creature outside that likes the improvements we've made, although I'm sure he also finds them very frustrating. Since I know how diligent animals can be at getting into garbage cans, I bought one that is designed to stop animals. Therefore, we frequently find the garbage bag on the outside of the can in tatters. I wonder how long until the dog, or fox, realizes that plastic is not in any of the food groups and is not supplying him any nutrition?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ha, ha. We have cats around here that love getting into our garbage. We had to start putting the bags into a garbage can.
Post a Comment