Friday, October 3, 2008

HOME AT LAST

What a week and a half it's been. We left home on Wednesday, Sept. 24 for a two day teacher conference. The girls stayed at the hotel with us - it was so nice to have all the family together again even if it was at the hotel. Brian and I deserted them all day on Thursday and Friday while we were at the conference, but they had a good time relaxing and doing their own thing.The weekend was spent relaxing and getting shopping done before I went into the hospital. Monday was pre-op and getting myself mentally prepared.
Tuesday was the big day. Here I am about 8 hours after surgery. I still hadn't moved from my bed at this point and the epidural was still effective so I felt pretty great. Brian and the kids brought me some sunflowers and a musical card. They were so thoughtful.Naomi came and had breakfast with me at the hospital since she didn't have a class first period.
Part of the joy of preparing you for surgery are these wonderful stockings you get to wear. They are supposed to help with circulation until you are up and moving about again. Just extra-long Spanx really.
These flowers were sent to me from the staff at work. They came with a box of chocolates that are being kept under lock and key until I can enjoy them fully. My mom and dad sent me this beautiful bouquet. My room looked so bright and cheerful.
I was released from the hospital yesterday and had to spend the night in Whitehorse before coming home. It was a little scary leaving - I was so well cared for while I was there. But it was inevitable. This morning Brian and Josh finished the grocery shopping, then bundled me into the truck for the long ride home. The bumpy roads didn't both me too much, it was more just having to sit in the truck for such a long time. But we made it home safely and now it's time to just take it easy and recover.
Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and well wishes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you took pictures in the hospital. You're a true blogger. :)

Hope you have a quick recovery so that you can fully enjoy your time off.