I just realized that it has been over 10 days since my last post and it's time for an update. Life has just been so busy. School can easily take over everything in the first few weeks. As you may know I've been filling in as a teacher for the past couple weeks because the teacher we had lined up for the job decided not to come. They finally found another teacher to take the position. The kids have been great and we've had a fantastic couple of weeks, but it will be nice to pass the reigns to someone else. Then I can relax again. The new teacher will start on September 29. Unfortunately for him (or maybe lucky for him), I won't be there. I am having my surgery on Sept. 30, so will be in Whitehorse for pre-op on the 29th. I'm feeling quite nervous about it now that it is coming so soon. The fear of the unknown. However, after so many years of pain, if all goes well, I will be much better off.
Yesterday Brian, Josh and I went hunting. Can you imagine us, the mighty white hunters, looking for a moose? LOL. We didn't see any moose, but we didn't have a really serious look. We are so busy in the next few weeks that we don't have time to deal with cutting up all that meat. But Josh did shoot his first grouse. He made a beautiful shot - right in the head as it was walking away. Obviously it wasn't a very smart bird, but it sure was tasty.
Things have been so quiet at our house without the girls. Josh is enjoying getting all the attention. Both of the girls have settled in to life in Whitehorse quite well. Hannah is loving dorm life. I'm sure the kids there are much more interesting that Brian and I - apparently we are "old". (direct Hannah quote) I keep waiting for her to phone and tell me she's homesick, but I'm not holding my breath. She's having too much fun. Naomi decided to change her courses to get into the university she wants (hoping for Memorial in Newfoundland). So she is taking more academic courses. At the moment she is still waiting for one course that she has to do by correspondence, and since she has a spare she is just doing 2 courses until it arrives. It's still so hard to believe she is graduating this year. She has signed up for a jazz dance class and will be performing in the Nutcracker at Christmas. She decided to quit her job at Please Mum because she wants to try something different. Overall, they are both really enjoying life in Whitehorse and they are doing very well. Before we know it they will be home for Thanksgiving.
We head into Whitehorse on Wednesday for a teacher's conference. Then we will stay there for my surgery. That means about 10 days in Whitehorse. Yikes. Then we are hoping to come home on Oct. 3rd. Brian has to go back to Whitehorse for training on the 5th and he will come back on the 8th. Then it is almost Thanksgiving. Looks like this year will fly by. Josh isn't too excited about the amount of time spent in Whitehorse, but he's bringing his xbox and he will have homework so that should keep him busy. We are getting a kitchenette suite while there just because that is far too long to be eating in restaurants. So, if I don't post before we leave. I will post an update sometime after we return home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yikes! And I thought I was busy! Sounds like everyone's doing well. I'll definitely be praying for your surgery. I'm sure you'll feel so much better once it's all done and over with.
Post a Comment